Search the forum,

Discuss £ per mtr or day rate? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

It's for a fitter I have done a few jobs for, so get regular work from him hence not sure what to charge. He always just pays what I ask for but would hate to go too expensive for the time it took, but on the other side he will be getting a chunk off B&Q as it's one of there jobs and tiling was quoted in with him fitting the bathroom!
My price always includes adhesive ,grout & trims and on this job I had to get 2 chrome square edge trims . I'm thinking a figure of £250 ? What do you guys recon?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
£250 way too low.
Labour 1.5 days x £150 = £225
Addy x 2 spf @ £20 a bag = £40
Chrome trim @ £10 each = £20
Grout £10

That's £295

Was your full day 08:00 - 16:00? or maybe a bit longer??? - if so, then add on a few extra for the extra hours worked.

In my view 12mtrs in a day is pretty fast (you should be charging extra for that skill).

Cheers
Sean

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I would be charging £150.00 per day or part there of, plus materials.

So I'd be at £360 all in. Which works out at £30.00 inclusive of materials. Fair price I'd say. I don't do half days. You still have fuel costs and the same expenses wether you do 4 hours or 8.If I had ro charge a half day rate it would be £100+ materials to reflect this.

But your cost/day rate/terms should of already been thrashed out if you're doing regular work for the fitter.

Reply to £ per mtr or day rate? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays