Search the forum,

Discuss Raising Shower Floor Questions in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,
We recently had a tiler raise an existing shower floor to turn it into a walk-in disabled shower. Unfortunately they stuffed up the fall levels and the water runs out the side and they need to do it again. However we have also since wondered about whether the shower needed to be re-waterproofed. The previously existing shower floor likely had waterproofing and didn't have issues, and he just did a bedding over the top and lay the tiles without any new waterproofing. Will this be fine, or should there have been a new layer of waterproofing? Thanks for any advice.

Reply to Raising Shower Floor Questions in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays