Search the forum,

Discuss Restoring the tiles around an indoor swimmingpool. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cleanit

Hello:yikes:

I am cleaning these tiles for a local hotel and spa, the thing is when the place was build 4 years ago, the tiles where layed first:oops: before anything else so they got alot of dirt, plasterdust, grime and you name it ground in and they where not cleaned. Since then with under floor heating and the chlorine and other chemicals in the pool, not to mention the bacteria off us all have taken its toll and formed what looks like a layer over the old dirt and has set it in.

The tiles look like ceramic or porcelain and are turning greyish black especially around the areas were the water has been settling/trapped. Only the traffic areas are mainly effected.

I have tried a really strong tile cleaner and it does not budge it:mad2:, so I tried some acid (brick acid cleaner) and that does the job but since the tiles are close to the pool I don't want to use the acid :thumbsdown: if you know what I mean, is there also a chance the acid will damage the tiles?

If anyone has knowledge on this I would really appreciate it:hurray: thanks
Dan

C

Cleanit

Hi Sir Ramic and gooner59

Thanks for your super fast response :8:. Sir Ramic I have been told by the owner it is ceramic and it looks like ceramic. I use a SX-12 with 1200psi behind it to rinse after scrubbing with a rota. I described it as best as I can in the initial post.
Gooner59, thanks for your reply:thumbsup: I was thinking what you said, thanks for the reassurance. I am still trying not to use it though.:ban:LOL

Has anyone treated this problem with any other method eg: chlorine tablets or chlorine powder?

Reply to Restoring the tiles around an indoor swimmingpool. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.