Search the forum,

Discuss Self Leveling compound in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Joseph Kover

Hi Guys,

what self leveling compound you prefer to use over electric floor heating?
want to avoid the slightest chance of crack on the floor,need enough opening time and prefer fibre based compound. Substrate is cement board over ply done by other contractor
thanks

T

Tile Shop

BAL Level Max. But mix it well, or the fibres will clump together in little balls. But mix it right and its fine.

Another lesson learned........ when you think its ready, keep going for another 2 minutes! :)

J

Joseph Kover

BAL Level Max. But mix it well, or the fibres will clump together in little balls. But mix it right and its fine.

Another lesson learned........ when you think its ready, keep going for another 2 minutes! :)
LOL sounds like a tricky one

T

Tile Shop

Not really. I'm just useless :)

Never used it before..... never even levelled a floor. It only happened on my first bucket but the second one almost looked good enough to drink :)

J

Joseph Kover

Not really. I'm just useless :)

Never used it before..... never even levelled a floor. It only happened on my first bucket but the second one almost looked good enough to drink :)
I tried to avoid to use so far any levelling compound to be honest, I don't trust extra layers between substrate and tile adhesive,especially if not concrete floor. Will be 1000*1000 tile size full flat 120 msq 5 open area can't avoid this time. Not happy though with ply Base

Reply to Self Leveling compound in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen