Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the Tiling Work Showcase Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely stuff. Are the as slippy as they look? They look really shiney!

A few pics of the floor when dry. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339009927.348697.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339009949.923112.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339009975.963458.jpg

R

rainsco

nice joints in the slope. do you cut all the small tiles?

yesterday i fixed only 9 tiles on a long day. it was not easy. the tiles have 14mm thickness and i have to calibrate the shower to one tile in the wide. and the alurail for glaswall later has to resessed. so i used ardex x32 because it can be used until 30mm mortar bed. (75kg for 9 tiles!!!) i floatet with a 15mm middlebed trowel and buttered with 10mm. sometimes more and sometime less. i take the tiles with a double sealed vacuum handle. without this tool it wasn´t possible to carry the buttered tiles alone in this height. it was mental not easy to trust this tool.
demotivating moment was when i set a tile and knock it with the hammer the edge touch another edges and "zack" a glaze springs away... so i later just knock it when i space them with the wooden wedges. on the tool pictures you see my custom made wet saw for perfekt long cuts until 220cm. i test the dry cutting with my 120cm kaufmann cutter and it was ok but it was not save brackage on the end. so i decided to use only wet cutting. it takes more time (15l water for 1 tile needed) but it is 100% safe and the edges are perfekt. for this projekt i bought a new drilling machine. my other one is limited on 40cm wide. for the 45degree cuts in the niche i use my little wet saw. crazy, such a machine park for only a shower!

100x100-01.jpg 100x100-02.jpg 100x100-03.jpg 100x100-04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the Tiling Work Showcase Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. TJ's Doorway Mosaics for McKenzie Shop Front
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Join The Tile Association and Get Noticed Some time ago joining The Tile Association may have...
Replies
Views
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen