Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling my bathroom help please. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Pete c

-
UK
Hi all. I am tiling my bathroom after removing old suite. I have used a batten all the way around half a tile above where the bath will go. I am now tiling above batten. Once I’ve done that how do I go about tiling below where the batten was please ? Do I have to measure and put another batten below just above where the last part tile will go to floor. ? Thank you and I await your response.

Bathroom tiling looks better balanced one tile off the bath. It’s tile size dependant of course. Run the batten around from the bath top. Once the tiles are set remove the batten and purchase a tile levelling system which clamps the tiles to each other bihui t spin is a good system. These clamps will easily hold the tiles as you move down the wall. Cut the last tile to the floor. Packers will not be needed.
As a bonus, buy the clamps and use them when tiling your bathroom. They will be a game changer for you. You can thank me later!

Pete c

-
UK
Hi.

You've had your tiling questions answered. But I'm just intrigued as to whether you've allowed for getting the bath in as you've tiled the walls first.
I'm assuming it's in to an alcove with walls on three sides?
No not in alcove but I battened all round the room to the lowest point being the bath around half a tile above bath (tiles 600x600) then I’m putting bath in tiling down to it to protect bath as best I can then floor followed by vanity unit and toilet Tough work though.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
No not in alcove but I battened all round the room to the lowest point being the bath around half a tile above bath (tiles 600x600) then I’m putting bath in tiling down to it to protect bath as best I can then floor followed by vanity unit and toilet Tough work though.
Fair enough.
Just wondered as you might struggle to get a bath in if you've tiled above the space on three sides

Good luck with your project

Reply to Tiling my bathroom help please. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays