Search the forum,

Discuss Which slc for levelling a plywood floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Uk
Tilemaster Levelflex would be ok.

What are you planning to bond the tray to the ply with?
If it’s tile adhesive why not just solid bed it down level, it’s only 5mm after all.

Tilemaster Levelflex would be ok.

What are you planning to bond the tray to the ply with?
If it’s tile adhesive why not just solid bed it down level, it’s only 5mm after all.
Good idea, thanks, but the manufacturer says it must be firmly stuck down with an adhesive suitable for bonding ABS to the substrate ( ply or cement/ SLC. The manufacturer is actually MX So I’ll call them tomorrow for the detail thats missing from their instruction.

Be careful with the bonding material on these ABS trays. Sometimes Sand/cement or Tile adhesive doesn’t stick well and isn’t suitable. MX are a funny one as they recommend ‘Installation compound adhesive or a suitable contact adhesive’ with their lightweight trays. Their heavy stone resin trays they do recommend sand and cement however an Admix needs to be added to the mix.
This will sound like a bodge but I’d use a building adhesive, a solvent free one, a few tubes of it.

If you do decide to level the floor then I’d opt for a two part.

Reply to Which slc for levelling a plywood floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays