Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive thickness in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Personally would use a 10mm square notch trowel, backbutter/skim the tiles also before fixing, standard on walls is a 2mm spacer but some tiles can be a bit sizey so you may need 3mm and a pack of wedges to give yourself some wiggle room..check your tiles before starting.
Thanks Andy for the info

Reply to Adhesive thickness in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement