Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Thanks Mike. Its hard to see but its all insulated behind that one peice of plywood. I have 2 big rolls ready for when I board the walls :)

D

davemul

Time to fit the Marmox showerstone tray..... and tiled gulley for pumped waste

22590472.jpg

13c242a8.jpg

64eb181a.jpg

f389831c.jpg

D

davemul

Fixed the entrance by replacing knackered boards with 18mm ply.. the fein has been a lifesaver during this project!

Also measured and cut the marmox backer boards. Just need to mark where the pipes/cables are then its adhesive time!

75c471f7.jpg

a7c906e0.jpg

b1859977.jpg

7732d266.jpg

D

davemul

Thanks mate

just finished sticking down the boards and screwing... PHEW is all I can say. Went pretty well. Just letting things dry.

Might change career the way i'm going! :)

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Dave, nice job mate. I cant wait to see pics when its done, I'm especially looking forward to seeing the glowing toilet flush button.

Grohe gear is top notch but damn expensive, worth the money though.

Is the bath mixer fed from unbalanced feeds? eg cold from mains and gravity hot, if so dont forget the non return valve on the hot to prevent cold entering the hot water system, which it will because of the higher cold pressure. It will push hot water back into the cylinder and back up into the loft tank and then pour out of the overflow. Granted it will only do this when your using hot and cold together, or if it develops an internal fault.

Many a young plumber has been caught out with that one, they keep replacing ballvalve washers but cant understand why the tank keeps filling!

Make sure you use the low pressure flap type or it will restrict the flow. Get them from BES Plumbing.

Plumbing Supplies | BES Gas & Plumbing Fittings Part 7463

Last edited:
D

davemul

Hi Bob, thanks mate :)

Cold feed to the bath is from the water tank in the loft (which then goes on to feed the pump then on to the shower). Hot water cylinder is also fed from a tank in the loft too mate.

Sound ok?

D

davemul

oh and i bet you are all TOTALLY fed up of pictures of the floor, so the last ones for the time being. All stuck down with SPF and screwed with washers as I went along. Also Sealant in between each board. Will tape then paint with mapegum later.

d91bc53b.jpg

7b0f2221.jpg

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen