Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Apologies mods of this needs to go elsewhere.. please feel free to move it or bin it!

Riiiight.. here goes....

We've been in our first house nearly 2 years now. We've (well ... more like I'VE!) done everything else bar the bathroom. It's an old 1800's cottage so the bathroom was in a pretty bad way. Solidly built but nasty and OLD!

I decided a few weeks ago to RIP it out and start from the beginning.

First task was to move the hot water cylinder from in the bathroom to a new cupboard outside the room (thanks to Scruff from ultimatehandyman.co.uk for the advice!)

Now you see it...

7599aa0b.jpg

Now you dont!

984bc1db.jpg

Ive taken quite a lot out..

CARNAGE

6ea9c026.jpg

80443c6c.jpg

Well, I picked up a load of bits today..

Marmox goods and tiles!

dd3c2c45.jpg

25b0ec7e.jpg

57a0edf2.jpg

98dac92b.jpg

8fe80143.jpg

New shower pump for the house too

89a80179.jpg

Also have taken delivery of a taptile wireless light switch system Taptile - Ditch the switch one-touch mood lighting and dimming solutions for the bathroom and kitchen

6 astro glass downlights

an airflow icon15 extractor fan

and some Polk RC60i ceiling speakers

and a couple of remote water isolation switches about surestop

More bits arrive tomorrow.. i'll update this thread as I go along... im taking next week off to start the plumbing and install!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davemul

great thread mate, keep the pic's coming , i think you are doing a sterling -job!!!!:thumbsup: what do you do for a living ?? what will you do with all the tool's you have bought to do this job!!lol:thumbsup:

Thank you mate. I work for a US Broker in London. Sales trading. Bit different from tiling! As for the tools, prob throw them in the shed! or sell if I can be bothered! Unless we move house and I have to do this all over again!

D

davemul

Haha, ok ok ive practised in the garden on old plasterboard and I did the kitchen splashbacks when I removed the old tiles and it took half the wall off! but thats it, I promise! It always ooks good wet... im waiting till it dries!

Got the hang of curved cuts today and a few more tiles have gone up. Im seriously going through adhesive!

Time for a large vodka and a film I think! night all, thanks for the feedback... its much appreciated... wouldnt have got this far without you guys :)

a6303b6c.jpg

cebdbd6f.jpg

3c072118.jpg

22fae32d.jpg

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.