Search the forum,

Discuss Best way to cut 20mm porcelain in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
What’s the best way/ blade for cutting 20mm porcelain been cutting with a 4 inch grinder it’s taking a long time with the rubi blade and getting really hot got a few hundred cuts to do

I

Italy

in my opinion the fastest cut remains the dry grinder.
so buy a good blade and go on.
just my opinion as an apprentice.

J

J Sid

I've just done 100's of Mt's of 20mm x1200x600.
20mm Porcelain comes in different hardness and the ones I have been doing were prity hard.
I started cutting them with a Rubi TC180 wet with a ats blade designed for 20mm Porcelain wet cutting, worked very well. Then tried an old Rubi blade dry and it cut just as well. With both methods I cut through both ends dry with a 125mm angle grinder to stop the tile splitting of.
Doing round edges and bull nosing was a monsterous job and took days

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've just done 100's of Mt's of 20mm x1200x600.
20mm Porcelain comes in different hardness and the ones I have been doing were prity hard.
I started cutting them with a Rubi TC180 wet with a ats blade designed for 20mm Porcelain wet cutting, worked very well. Then tried an old Rubi blade dry and it cut just as well. With both methods I cut through both ends dry with a 125mm angle grinder to stop the tile splitting of.
Doing round edges and bull nosing was a monsterous job and took days
These tiles are really hard tried breaking them on my montolit it wouldn’t touch them so just ordered a 9 inch rubi tvx blade should cut through them nicely
I was about to ask the same question. Ive got a patio to do soon. Will they score and snap on a Sigma? I was going to try giving them a heavy score then bashing them with a mallet...
Sigma and montolit wouldn’t break these tiles just ordered a bigger dry cutting blade for 9 inch grinder

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Most jobs in norn iron are done by gardners with still saws .
And then tilers are asked to fix them when they fall to crap

Reply to Best way to cut 20mm porcelain in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen