Search the forum,

Discuss cutting polishing advice/recommendations wet saw grinder large format in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Advice
Hi guys,
got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern, 30x 60 30x30, 60x60. to do cuts i have a decent snap cutter. some tiles i need to trim a few mm off. i also need to smooth the cut edges.
so i know i get a smoother and more precise cut with a wet saw, however finding one that isn't a bridge saw that will take a 60x60 is hard; recommendations?
cutting a tile with a grinder - what speed do i need to be running it at, on a variable makita for instance?
best way to polish an edge? pads for grinders? polishing blocks? any more aggressive methods, grinding discs, finishing pads?
Thank you!

Reply to cutting polishing advice/recommendations wet saw grinder large format in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement