Discuss Didn't know where to post this Topps Tiles Bad Experience in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I purchased some tiles on the 13th August from Topps Tiles in London, I wont say which one. But the tile came all different batches, the tiler then fixed them I understand that this is accepted at times but you need to mix the tiles to make them at least uniform and mixed.

Please what can I do? The tiles are now fixed. The tiler was good. Perhaps shouldnt have fixed them but we are here now.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi. Once the tiles are fixed then i am pretty sure you have no claim. Shades/tono and batch numbers should be checked prior to installation. If incorrect then you have to bring this up with the supplier but seen as you have already installed them then i think you’re claim in invalid. Speak to Topps customer service and see what they say.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
@Dan Could you offer any advice on this?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As above really the tiler can mix some, should have said at that point that the batches are way out. Unless they're so out he thought there were a few shades of the same colour intentionally. Customers need take a pic of the display in the store these days as could maybe go to the store manager and say this is what you supplied me.

But once fixed you'd have to really kick up a fuss to get them budge now.

If there are a few way out try pry them off. If they've been fixed with any type of ready mixed they might have a chance but if they don't pop off don't force them you'll end up with chips in them too then.

Got any pictures?

Reply to Didn't know where to post this Topps Tiles Bad Experience in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks