Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra & Rapid Set? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

With standard set, would I be able to set out/dry lay while it's going off? Or is there a point that I'd just have to stay off it!?! I've got a feeling I'm gonna be losing a lot of time tomorrow. :(

As a rule of thumb I keep off it until set, never used standard set before but would imagine that walking on it at any point before it's set would not be good.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
hardiebacker don't recommend their boards over concrete floors:thumbsup:

I was thinking about it after I posted, and it wouldn't have solved the de-coupling problem anyway.. Just grasping at straws really, trying to think of a way to do it where I don't lose half a day.. I'm too slow as it is, so losing half a day isn't a good look lol!

B

bugs183

I've never had any problems with working setting out etc on newly laid Ditra, in fact the Schluter Instruction PDF says you can fix tiles straight onto newly laid Ditra.
I often lay the Ditra then set out and get the tiles in ready to fix the next day.
But as the guys say above, Standard Set adhesive doesn't feel right (fine for fixing tiles to Ditra), so i also use rapid set, but leave overnight, as lifting tiles can lift the matting.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I use a special heavy plastic float for Ditra/ Dural to remove any trapped air, you can buy a roller similar to the ones vinyl layers use. I always use rapid set and never walk on it until has gone off, unless I have to, then I use ply to spread the weight.

I have noticed in the past if you walk on the mat whilst adhesive is still soft, it can leave footprints/ indentations, not so bad if you are using large format tiles with deep notched trowel, not so good if you are laying small geometric tiles with a smaller notched trowel.:thumbsup:

Reply to Ditra & Rapid Set? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement