Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Has Tile Lippage, Wall Tiles Going Up In The Morning! Help Please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Defiantly do your homework on the new tiler, ask for pics and rec emendations. If he is a decent tiler he will not be offended, he can see the floor and see why you would be hesitant.

Reaction score
Update

A new tiler visited on Sunday and although seemed capable of sorting the mess out, he is fully booked for several weeks and wants a small fortune to do it which is well above my budget. I simply think his price is representative of the situation and not the typical rates for his services.

I decided to be productive on Sunday and not drink away my sorrows, so pulled up the entire floor (damaging 1 tile only) and cleaned up all tiles in preparationtion for a new tiler. My dad has spent the last 2 days carefully chiseling away the 15mm thick tile adhesive off the SLC but as you can see in the pictures this is easier said than done and has left a broken up sub-floor. We plan to remove as much of the loose bits, prime and then apply a further fibre reinforced SLC layer in readiness for tiling.

Another tiler should have visited Monday & tonight but cancelled on both occasions so i'm still searching for a tiler. I may end up doing the job myself!

IMG_20120129_155552.jpg IMG_20120129_155601.jpg IMG_20120201_201455.jpg

R

Rich

You really are not having much luck are you.

I hope somebody responds to your request and sorts this mess out.

Q

Qwerty

Oh dear, what a mess. I doubt that the tiler that quoted you was quoting any inflated prices....... I expect he is charging what most of us do. Im curious now how much you paid for the original work to be done. The old saying "you pay peanuts you get monkeys" springs to mind.

Take that toilet up before levelling the floor though. Dont call the other tiler back who cancelled on you. You dont want to go through the mill again! Good luck

D

dave l and l

maybe the other tiler has cancelled because he is really busy and cant get free time , you never know,
at least he called to cancel on you

Q

Qwerty

maybe the other tiler has cancelled because he is really busy and cant get free time , you never know,
at least he called to cancel on you

Im full of old sayings tonight........ I remember one of my peers telling me to "never bite off more than you can chew" :lol:

Reply to Floor Has Tile Lippage, Wall Tiles Going Up In The Morning! Help Please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen