Search the forum,

Discuss Hairline Grout Cracks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CUSH68

TF
Hi all,

Tiled a bathroom floor yesterday with the dreaded BnQ 600's. Actualy found them ok, went back this morn to do ensuite and on inspection of bathroom found hairline cracks along most of the lines. Substrate not an issue, usual materials with regards to addy and grout, so left scratching my head. Then the customer tells me that he went over the floor with some sort of fila sealing product as soon as I left last night. Grouted last thing so could the sealer he put on with grout still curing have caused this problem.

Thanks

Mark

CUSH68

TF
Thanks for quick reply mate,
Cracks were in places that were hard to access as well, so I'm assuming no foot traffic in these areas. Grout also looked a bit rough,bumpy, definately not the way it was left which is why I thought he's painted on the sealer and not wiped excess. Could these hairlines be fixed just by grouting over or is a full regrout required.
Cheers,
Mark

Reply to Hairline Grout Cracks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.