Search the forum,

Discuss half bond tiling around revels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

not a window reveal....but, the principal is the same:

69350589.jpg

the window revel im tiling round is half the size of one of the tiles, in the photo. do i break the pattern.. and have 2 quarters of a tile over a half of a tile
I suppose it depends on the size of the tiles you're using, & the size of the last tile cuts on the wall face of the window. But I'd probably break the pattern and have full tiles inside the window reveals, it can look a bit too busy having small cuts just to make it look brickbonded on a small area (if I'm getting the question right!)

M

Mr T

That looks wrong bond lee !
When brick bonding a external shouldn't it be half tile , rapped around to full tile, like a brick wall ?
Still looks good job though!

looks like half tile from the external corner 'may' of left too small a cut the other end... but in my opinion the cuts from the outer wall of that corner should of been used to wrap around to the other side of the corner... but im probably wrong in saying so lol

S

Stef

View attachment 52582
Here you go external corner of brick wall, now i would do it like that, so it looks like a full brick.

I done it like that years ago & I didn't like the look of it.

I personally think it looks better full tile to full tile on an external corner.

Each to their own but it still poses the question, is there a right & wrong way to do this??

P

Protilers

That looks odd lee !
When brick bonding a external shouldn't it be half tile , rapped around to full tile, like a brick wall ?
Still looks good job though!

NOOOOOOO..............???????......Really?............you are pulling my leg.......
why does it look odd to you? does it look ODD to anyone else?........I know what you mean about bricks......but we are tilers.....whole tile against whole.....half against half............thats a wrap!!!!!!

hehhehehheheheeheeheee..........

Reply to half bond tiling around revels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement