Search the forum,

Discuss Importing Andalucian Tiles From Spain in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chris Stones

Hello,

We are just about to move house and after a recent short holiday to Malaga and a visit to the Alhambra in Granada, I am looking to bring a bit of that style to our new house. After looking on the internet for UK suppliers of Spanish style tiles, I was thinking that I could save money and either source the tiles in Spain and have them delivered to the UK, or even combine a holiday to the area with sourcing some tiles and driving back.

Does anybody have any experience or advice on my plan?

Thanks,

Chris

Reaction score
Spain is a huge exporter of tiles and its big business, very much a numbers game. Basically, your going to have to be willing to buy a large number of tiles to get anywhere near dealing with the supplier. Unless its a very small supplier, who has no large contracts with the worlds tile wholesalers.

T

Time's Ran Out

It's the EEC - you can buy from any source and bring them home.
Go on holiday with a van and deck out your house as a hasienda.
Price of the tiles has to be worth it though - must be 15+ hours to get there and £400 return .

W

WetSaw

Bear in mind the quantity of tiles you'll need and the weight involved. It's around 1500 miles from the south of England to Malaga on the Costa del Sol so you're looking at at least 2 days driving. I've driven down and back a few times and with the channel crossing, tolls, fuel, hotel etc it's around £1000 return. Having said that I've not done it for about 7 years....

Reply to Importing Andalucian Tiles From Spain in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen