Search the forum,

Discuss Limestone tile sealing in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

7B43BACF-D221-4F9E-B145-6942A32E5554.jpeg
Good morning all

Just to introduce myself, my name is Oli and I am in the process of finishing an extension at home.

Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to offer some advice on sealing limestone floor tiles. They are chalky white colour which we want to retain as best possible.

I have applied 3 coats of LTP Mattstone to a tile to test but it has darkened too much. This was done yesterday so I am wondering whether it will lighten over next day or so.
The first coat disappeared and did not alter appearance at all. After the second coat it was a little darker and slightly patchy so I applied a 3rd after a few hours. It is consistent now but too dark.
Can anyone offer any advice on an impregnator/ sealer that will enable us to retain the original colour.

Many thanks...

Leave it another couple of days. Mattstone usually changes the appearance very little. I have found limestone is the one stone that is susceptible to colour change after sealing. Was the stone thoroughly washed and dried before sealing?

Any pics?
Hi there

Thanks, yes I washed and rinsed them and dried inside for 24 hours and it looked as dry as before. I have attached pictures to the earlier message I posted can you see them?

Kind regards !

Reply to Limestone tile sealing in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen