Search the forum,

Discuss Natural stone wall tiles (limestone/travertine)? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Hi guys, I am looking to 'finally' tile our downstairs cloakroom w/c.

The floor is thick opus romani limestone (very light beige)

Can anyone recommend some nice lime/trav that is suitable for walls? i'd like light to match the floor. I'm in Kent.

Im thinking block blond as its such a small 'room' and i think i am only going to tile halfway up the walls as fully tiled might be a bit much in a small space?

anyway i;m waffling... thanks
Dave

D

davemul

Any photos dave?

Hi Geoff, sure thing

See it's v small... a corner basin is going in and ill be framing and boarding up the waste pipes. (plasterboard as im out of ply/spare marmox) but i will prime it first.

Yq5JSxI.jpg

cWWMt29.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Super light Travertine would look great in there and brick bond would be fine. A light limestone would also look good of course. You will need to board out the walls or take back to bare wall for the weight not to be an issue (from memory you lived in an old property so boarding is really only option.)

You seriously need to get a soil boss plug in that stack though Dave, I'm never going to look at a small white ceramic serving dish in the same way ever again!!!!

repetusy.jpg

D

davemul

Hi Geoff. Haha, god that dish has been there 2 years! (cloakroom not in use of course!)

The walls in there are solid/brick so all good re weight. Ive just boxed out the waste and made support noggins for the basin, ill use 12mm marmox to board that. weight should be supported.

Found a BARGAIN in b&Q (I know I know) Light travertine (filled) 305x305 £1.80 a tile. £80 and i have all I need. ( i selected all the good ones of course)

Thanks
Dave

Reply to Natural stone wall tiles (limestone/travertine)? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

Advertisement