Search the forum,

Discuss please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor heat. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rupertt2013

Hi everyone, I need your help.

in 6 weeks time we are starting to do communal area. the area is 65sqm. we are going to remove old tiles and apply self levelling compound on top of that we will install the isolation board, under floor electric heating and granite tiles 60x60. the question is what will be the best self levelling compound for that job ( the floor is concrete ) if anyone can recommend the right product. also can we do it half of the area with levelling compound and second half on the next day?
the second question is do we need expansion joints for 65 sqm?

many thanks in advice !!!

D

DHTiling

Re: please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor h

Tile master level flex is a very good SLC...

And yes in that size area i would install an expansion joint ... i would prefer to SLC all in one go but it can be done in 2 parts yes..

Just a quick question for you though... are the tiles deffo granite and not a look alike quartz..?

R

rupertt2013

hi Dave, thank you for quick replay. yes they are granit tiles. do you think 3 exspansion joints will be enough for this area.
how much we should charge for this job per sq meters ( removing old tiles, self leveling, isolation board, electric underfloor heating, granit tiles 60x60? ) the job is in london.

G

Gazzer

hi Dave, thank you for quick replay. yes they are granit tiles. do you think 3 exspansion joints will be enough for this area.
how much we should charge for this job per sq meters ( removing old tiles, self leveling, isolation board, electric underfloor heating, granit tiles 60x60? ) the job is in london.

Are you a tiler and we dont allow pricing in the open forums.

R

rupertt2013

Im really sorry Im new on this forum. ok the quetion is if 3 exspansion joints will be enough for this area?

thank you !!!

Reply to please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor heat. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen