Search the forum,

Discuss Quartz vinyl tiles in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pepsi

Hi all . I have been given boxes of Rikett Vinyl Quartz Floor Tiles , 300mm x 300mm approx 2 -3mm thick enough for me to lay my kitchen floor what I need to know is do I need to remove old self adhesive floor tiles first or can I lay straight on top or do I need to remove to bare the concrete floor and what would be the best type of adhesive to use and the best laying procedure (do I have to start in the approx middle of the room ? ) do I need to use a levelling compound before I even think about starting although I think the concrete floor is pretty good to start with. Any help greatly appreciated as I've only done either self adhesive tiles before or quarry type tiles in a small downstairs toilet area

Reply to Quartz vinyl tiles in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views

Advertisement