Search the forum,

Discuss setting a saddle in the bath doorway in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jacar1113

I am having difficulty setting a 4 inch by 24 inch marbel saddle in the dorway to the bath. My saddle is 1/4 inch below the ceramic floor tile. Do I add plywood to raise the saddle? I was told to use thin set to hold the saddle, but do I use a notched trowl to spread the thin set? If so , what size notch? As you can see I am a home owner with limited knowledge in this area. Please help!
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TilingLogistics

I am having difficulty setting a 4 inch by 24 inch marbel saddle in the dorway to the bath. My saddle is 1/4 inch below the ceramic floor tile. Do I add plywood to raise the saddle? I was told to use thin set to hold the saddle, but do I use a notched trowl to spread the thin set? If so , what size notch? As you can see I am a home owner with limited knowledge in this area. Please help!
Jim

Jim,

I take it from the terminology you are in the USA. I will do my best to answer your questions. We call the saddle the threshold here in the UK and yes you can use a marine ply to raise up the saddle and make up the difference then use a Thinset adhesive with polymers in i.e. a Flexible Thinset. Notch size not too important but i would backbutter the saddle as well to get 100% coverage. It may also benefit to ask the same question on the John Bridge Forum in the US if theres anything you do not understand.:thumbsup:

Kev

Kev

Reply to setting a saddle in the bath doorway in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen