Search the forum,

Discuss Tile removal, straight flush cut blade wanted. in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
20170806_101145.png

:):):)

(Sorry couldn't resist it)

O

Old Mod

You certainly enjoy a challenge don't you !

When you say an expensive kitchen I take it it's not one you can just take the kick boards off or are we talking the end panel's that your frightened of damaging?

Live for it Andy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The decor panels that can be removed, have already been removed by the joiner that fitted the kitchen 18 months ago mate. There's still 2-3 mid unit that can't come out.
Is it expensive?
Well,, under the decor panels is a small brushed steel foot, about 5mm high and a 2-3mm narrower than the decor panel.
He asked if this detail would still remain, when I suggested the possibility of a 1-2mm silicone joint around it to mask any possible remaining tile, I genuinely thought I'd have to call an ambulance Andy! :tearsofjoy:

O

Old Mod

Oh yes, everything straight forward here:sunglasses:, you've clearly never worked on a Spanish house:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.

If the screed is blown can you not work back towards the units undermining the tiles so they break easier. Score the tile and tap it with a club hammer..

Haha yeah I know have your fair share mate.
The screed is fine, it's just bad prep and floor is blown. But undermining the edge pieces may well be worth trying.
I'm expecting the pieces to fall away anyway but just in case......

Reply to Tile removal, straight flush cut blade wanted. in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.