Search the forum,

Discuss Vario pro in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton
I never wait more then 2-3 days to tile onto screed.In Italy is common practice to do the screed by tiler,in this way no excuses if is not flat.I can't see the reason for wait to dry if you fix tile.For wood is another discussion but not for tiles.
IMO better if is not fully dry,in this way is more strong.

Last edited:
S

Spare Tool

the main issue here is electric under floor heating, you wouldn't want to be sticking insulation boards over a wet screed surely
Long as the boards are waterproof and all joints tapped I can't see a problem, all your doing is creating a vapour barrier, leave 15mil round perimeter and fix boards with TM ultimate.
Never fitted Vario pro so no idea on that..

I

Italy

You do not use these products in the uk?
sand cement, premixed and rapid.
after 24 hours, you can lay tiles

IMG_20170123_084617.jpg

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton
I like Name pronto!
Not sure if that stuff exists here or if eBay would even be suitable for a 20m floor area at 75mm thick. You would need a lot of bags!

ARDEX A 35 Ultra Rapid Drying Cement for Internal Screeds Features
• Walkable in 3 hours
• Receives ceramic and natural stone tiles directly after 24 hours
You have to add sand.

Reply to Vario pro in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement