• Thread starter Perfect Tiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 172
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss 110 or 240?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Only tried the 110v version of the dewalt but I hear it is slightly down on wattage of the motor. That said I have never had any issues with motor slowing down with any tile I have cut so far.
I always advise 110v, I rarely take mine to site jobs but had I bought a 240v then a couple of sites that I diod use it on would have caused issues.
Down sides of 240 is you cant take it on most sites, yes you can argue that you have a breaker but if site agent says no then its no.
Down sides of 110v is you need a transformer when on private work, on site you just need a lead.

P

Perfect Tiling

Thanks SR...planning to renew a couple of other tools in the future...mixer, drill etc so just trying to judge whether to jump ship from 240v and get all new stuff in 110v...don't have a transformer but know they are about £40. Most of my work is private and I must admit that that is what I prefer...rather deal with customers than site managers...and the customers give a good word if they are happy!

I

Ian

If you get 110 kit you have the option of doing both site and domestic, I don't do site work really but I'd be gutted if I lost a job or had to buy loads of new tools if the opportunity arose. Plus if you get a transformer with 4 outlets you can set your wet saw, grinder and mixing drill up in the morning( and still have a spare!) and it won't make a difference if you are on a site or in a customers garage!

Somerset
110V is not just safer - it is unlikely to cause death by electrocution. Hence many commercial sites refuse to allow 240V power tools.

Power is not determined by voltage, but by wattage. There is no reason why 240V power tools should be more "powerful" than 110V unless manufacturer has simply used inferior components in 110V version. However, power tools using 110V power will need components with a different resistance value (e.g. motor coils) in order to maintain the same power output.

You could say that this is just personal choice (whether to use 110V or 230V equipment) but I would assert that a modern trades professional would always tend to choose 110V power tools simply to improve personal safety - bear in mind how much more you use these tools than the average keen DIY-er.

Reply to 110 or 240?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hi There, I run several sites across the Midlands for a variety of builders. One of our sites...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
I work from home, and where I lived before yesterday I was hindered business-wise with a mere...
Replies
Views
Perry
P
A
right here goes, i am in a very good mood because of this and a lucky boy too!! at xmas, i sold...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
110 or 240??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.