Discuss 1200 x 1200 Large Format Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

lewie

TF
Seaton
I'm looking to buy a cutter so that I can snap 1200 lsqaure really hard porcelain tiles (Micron's). The Rubi 1200 XN won't touch them. I've just completed a job with the same tiles but in a 1200 x 600 size and ended up having to angle grind the long lengths. I scribed the short lengths with my Sigma and tapped them on the back with a hammer to break them but the same method wouldn't work on the long cut without damaging the tile. I now have some 1200 x 1200 to do. Yippee! Any ideas ?

lewie

O

Old Mod

I've just bought Rubi TC180, wet and dry cut with vacuum and direct water hose connections. Cut anything u want. Don't buy Rubi guide (£80+) only 800mm long. (Sorry Rubi) Fits straight on to Festool guide. 1400mm £57.00 U have to make slight adjustment with your measurement cos Rubi blade overhangs guide by extra 4mm, but, it's one piece and u don't need connector and 2 Rubi guides to cut 1200x1200. Highly recommend cutter tho!!! Small compact and absolutely precision cutting! Check out CTD price on cutter NO ONE can get near it!

M

Mr Tiler

I've just bought Rubi TC180, wet and dry cut with vacuum and direct water hose connections. Cut anything u want. Don't buy Rubi guide (£80+) only 800mm long. (Sorry Rubi) Fits straight on to Festool guide. 1400mm £57.00 U have to make slight adjustment with your measurement cos Rubi blade overhangs guide by extra 4mm, but, it's one piece and u don't need connector and 2 Rubi guides to cut 1200x1200. Highly recommend cutter tho!!! Small compact and absolutely precision cutting! Check out CTD price on cutter NO ONE can get near it!
oh come on enough of the boasting :sofahide: lol

O

Old Mod

you have lost me now with microns so go and boast to bri he should know what your onabout :13: lol
It means Ash, it filters out all the CRAP! :lol:
Maybe they should have one fitted to this place! After some of the posts on here tonight!!
(It's not directed at u m8) but c'mon guys we're meant to be grown ups! Hahaha
Yeah ok! It can be quite entertaining too!

M

Mr Tiler

It means Ash, it filters out all the CRAP! :lol:
Maybe they should have one fitted to this place! After some of the posts on here tonight!!
(It's not directed at u m8) but c'mon guys we're meant to be grown ups! Hahaha
Yeah ok! It can be quite entertaining too!
really? it usually is haha. theres always some sort of digs going on on the site i can take the stick only time i dont like it is when people have a dig at the d.iy'ers in there own section! ... mind you they can give as good as they get lol

O

Old Mod

really? it usually is haha. theres always some sort of digs going on on the site i can take the stick only time i dont like it is when people have a dig at the d.iy'ers in there own section! ... mind you they can give as good as they get lol
Actually no, not this time, haha
I'm referring to a completely different thread I read earlier.
But everyone made up after, that's the important thing eh! Haha

M

Mr Tiler

lol link it to me in pm love the gossip on here haha! it seems that way on here that a lot of the contributors get into arguments but it can kick off simply from something being taken the wrong way... ive been a victim of that as i seem to type the way i speak... thnk im adjusting now though as ive managed to avoid an argument for more than a week.... stay tuned though wont be long before the next one comes along lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 1200 x 1200 Large Format Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Firstly, hello to everyone 👍 I am looking to start some floor tiling of some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB