Discuss 2015 - Different Gravy in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

m3fitter

1988 My safety knowledge was that I thought just road workers wore hi viz !

2015 being at the forefront of new Build tiling industry, and being affiliated with most of the major house builders, and every new rule that comes in that we have to adhere to, I thought I'd just give you an insight into putting tiles on the wall & floor September 2015

Even new electrical equipment requires Pat testing
Step ups or Hop ups have to be to site BS, not domestic, and have to be tested & tagged weekly
Weekly Toolbox talks, signed against from every tiler from the CITB GT700 guidelines
Steel Mid soles as standard, not just toecaps
principal tiling contractor is responsible for full PPE ( excluding boots )
FP63 face fitted dust masks, twin aspirated ( signed off from the agent as fitting ) to ensure against potential siliconosis
work Gloves to be worn outside your plot / apartment on site
All wet substances to dry / go off, prior to putting in skips/ bins environmental policy 2015
for every 5 tilers, there must be a supervisor ( SSSTS ) or (SMSTS) tiler.

not to mention the NVQ qualification, required by the higher end major house builders

S

Spud

I get offered new builds quite often 70 flats for main contractors in Se1 and 40 houses in Cambridgeshire recently neither main contractor was asking if I was in any type of safety scheme I think when they are desperate they seem to not worry so much about the rules , I still have a health and safety policy in place and have to send in method statements etc but there are 3rd party consultants that can take care of the h&s for tiling contractors for a small yearly charge

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 2015 - Different Gravy in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
We are a small family business looking for tilers for sub-contract work on new build houses for...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
"Your posts are farcical. You claim there is no need to tank plasterboard in a shower before...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
E
I receive this i-mail for one job: Work Friday-Monday Eduardo, Work for tomorrow...
Replies
Views
C
How hard can it be to find a decent tiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick background (might have...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB