Discuss 24000 laser in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

well when i do my ceiling cuts i rest the tile up against the ceiling and then allow roughly 3-4mm. for each side of the tile. i then cut my tile in the centre of the felt line i draw. and then when i offer it up it is usually too tight so end up taking another 2-3mm off the tile and then it is too short. i am thinking it is just a matter of time before i start cutting in with that perfection that comes with the job

I

Ian

well when i do my ceiling cuts i rest the tile up against the ceiling and then allow roughly 3-4mm. for each side of the tile. i then cut my tile in the centre of the felt line i draw. and then when i offer it up it is usually too tight so end up taking another 2-3mm off the tile and then it is too short. i am thinking it is just a matter of time before i start cutting in with that perfection that comes with the job

Have you tried using a tape measure for your cuts? Instead of reverse marking?

beanz

TF
Berkshire
In that case if you cut down your line its your marking that is at fault. Try getting your eyes level with where you are marking. If your eyes are below the tile as you mark it you can make mistakes.

This is key! If you're not level with the mark, you're just guessing, and it's pot luck really... With experience, I think you learn to guess quite accurately, but for now, get up there! :)

M

Mr Tiler

This is key! If you're not level with the mark, you're just guessing, and it's pot luck really... With experience, I think you learn to guess quite accurately, but for now, get up there! :)

i will have to try it before judging as i havnt done it yet but the next ceiling cut i make i will be up there and i can already see it being a good cut lol. thanks guys

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed

3-4mm? You're nit allowing enough. 2mm for spacer 3mm to the ceiling. 5mm allowance.

Reply to 24000 laser in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB