Discuss 24000 laser in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

do you suggest mitring if that's how its spelt? or what are the quicker methods as this is a long process? thanks beanz! :thumbsup:

Cut your tile then take an angle grinder to the back edge of the tile & cut it but don't go into the face of the tile.
If I'm cutting to a ceiling or wall or anything I measure 5mm (if I'm using a 3mm spacer) that then gives me 2mm of clearance.

I

Ian

Cut your tile then take an angle grinder to the back edge of the tile & cut it but don't go into the face of the tile.
If I'm cutting to a ceiling or wall or anything I measure 5mm (if I'm using a 3mm spacer) that then gives me 2mm of clearance.

That's exactly how I measure my cuts, spacer size + 2mm. It works 99% of the time, occasionally an additional scribe is required if the ceiling has a bow, this only really occurs with large formats.

C

celt

That's exactly how I measure my cuts, spacer size + 2mm. It works 99% of the time, occasionally an additional scribe is required if the ceiling has a bow, this only really occurs with large formats.

From what im reading here, your measuring the distance between the last tile and ceiling and taking 5mm off if the spacer is 3mm and you do this right around where the tiles meet the ceiling.

Do you also do this for floor tiles working to skirting boards.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
From what im reading here, your measuring the distance between the last tile and ceiling and taking 5mm off if the spacer is 3mm and you do this right around where the tiles meet the ceiling.

Do you also do this for floor tiles working to skirting boards

i prefer to remove skirting, but if that's not an option, then yes, same principle..

A

AMtek

the way I measure cuts to the ceiling or floor is to use packers: if you're using a 3mm grout line and you want a 2mm expansion gap at the top then turn the tile so the biscuit of the tile is facing you, put a 5mm packer between the tile and the ceiling and put a mark on both sides of the tile (if the ceiling has a slope your tile will fit). As long as your marks are accurate and the cut is straight the tile will fit perfectly

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 24000 laser in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB