Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 30 years and now closing my account in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

surrey
Been with a supply company 31 years as it my local, there was a change in management 4 months ago , new manager seemed ok , well went in as normal putting materials and good on my account, 3 months later been overcharged 528.00 , and 31.98 of tiles in did not order ,
So i went in to sort this out , was told the grout prices had increased from 10.29 to 15.50 per bag as it was on special in feb, as for the other overcharge his staff could not give me the same prices as the manager and under-manager and thats the reason i was over charged ,offered me a discounted price on 3 products to make it up and it looked like a good deal, went into the shop and what he had offered was on special and i was getting it 4p cheaper than anyone else, i hit the roof and went over his head , we rang area manager to sort this out , 7 oclock got a phone call from the manager offering me 500 and 31.68 as a credit and would be sorted out the next day , well we rang the accounts 4 days later and nothing had been said to the accounts . they listened to what had happened and agreed they would credit are account with the money as a good will jester , , but i cant trust this store anymore so iam moving my accounts, i will say i am gutted as i have held a account there for 30 years and it has changed hands 4 times in 30 years but its business and i need to be able to trust my suppliers that they will not rip me off.

Sorry to hear this mate, but I can relate:mad2:

I had a similar scenario with a large well known supplier for a lot of years and when they were taken over by an even larger Group the management of the place were all given fancy titles and all of a sudden the personal touch that had made them so successful went completely out of the window:incazzato: I got invoiced for £1000's of materials, that I hadn't even got of them, and had went to another supplier, because of their stock levels but the 'computer said' so that was it!! :incazzato: Attitudes just changed overnight:prrr:

S

Scott

Been with a supply company 31 years as it my local, there was a change in management 4 months ago , new manager seemed ok , well went in as normal putting materials and good on my account, 3 months later been overcharged 528.00 , and 31.98 of tiles in did not order ,
So i went in to sort this out , was told the grout prices had increased from 10.29 to 15.50 per bag as it was on special in feb, as for the other overcharge his staff could not give me the same prices as the manager and under-manager and thats the reason i was over charged ,offered me a discounted price on 3 products to make it up and it looked like a good deal, went into the shop and what he had offered was on special and i was getting it 4p cheaper than anyone else, i hit the roof and went over his head , we rang area manager to sort this out , 7 oclock got a phone call from the manager offering me 500 and 31.68 as a credit and would be sorted out the next day , well we rang the accounts 4 days later and nothing had been said to the accounts . they listened to what had happened and agreed they would credit are account with the money as a good will jester , , but i cant trust this store anymore so iam moving my accounts, i will say i am gutted as i have held a account there for 30 years and it has changed hands 4 times in 30 years but its business and i need to be able to trust my suppliers that they will not rip me off.

Really do sound like a load of jokers. Hope you gt a better deal elsewhere :thumbsup:

P

Perry

a lot of these places seem to get to gready imo

Reply to 30 years and now closing my account in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys My name is Andy Bowden, I work for Porcelanosa and I look after the trade in the North...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

surrey
What member type are you?
  1. Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Classical ceramics ltd

Thread Information

Title
30 years and now closing my account
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.