Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 30 years and now closing my account in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Makes me laugh. it's only good will when they do you a favour, not when they give you back what they have already taken from you.

I only recently discovered that my Dulux account had been taken off the top tier discount by somebody in head office:mad2: Seems that when they set up my internet ordering account somebody's finger must have slipped:incazzato:. Must have been overcharged for months before I noticed, you just take it as a given that the boys in store are looking after you.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Marbleman,
You have been dealing with this company for over 30 years. I can only presume that it has been a happy relationship for most of that time. You deal with them because you trust them, they have the products you want to buy and at a price that you want to pay. Their store is probably quite close to where you live, and your van probably knows the way without you turning the wheel! You spend a lot of money at this store and your suppliers spend there too. You are willing to walk away from all this because the new Manager sees you as a customer reference number and not Mr Marbleman. Personally I think you are in a great position to renegotiate prices with this store. I’m sure they would not like to see a 40k+ dent in their turnover if you go elsewhere. The area manager did call you at 19:00 so I think he definitely wants to keep your business. If all goes to plan I’m sure you would be better off staying with them, but I do think you need to keep an eye on them. Good luck. Cheers Sean

surrey
Sean i understand what you are saying, Trouble is i went over the managers head . and that will just make tough to deal with that branch- i will stay with the company at the moment and use a different branch 15 miles more out of my way ,
Stubborn i am when it comes to someone taking the ****, and i dont want to be in court just in case my temper gets the better of me as hes a bit of a smart arse if you know what i mean,

Last edited:
R

Rob Z

Marbleman, I have the same thing here...I've had an account at a certain lumberyard since 1991. It's weird-as business dropped off with the recession, the sales staff got more and more arrogant (that's bizarre?!). I stuck with this one salesman that I've had for years, but even he has turned out to be worthless.

He messed up my last order, wouldn't return phone calls, etc etc. I finally got :incazzato: and decided to go with a competitor. I called my new sales rep and left a message. He called me back in 5 minutes, I placed the order, and he set it up for delivery for the next day. $3000 in material in 5 minutes on the phone. Couldn't be easier, eh? I opened an account with his store and the other guys can take a hike.

Reply to 30 years and now closing my account in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys My name is Andy Bowden, I work for Porcelanosa and I look after the trade in the North...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

surrey
What member type are you?
  1. Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Classical ceramics ltd

Thread Information

Title
30 years and now closing my account
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks