Discuss 65m2 of travetrtine to price. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i been to look at a new build floor to price this evening, it's 65 m2 hallway leading to kitchen and utility. it has wet ufh which has been pressure tested but not been on. the screed is a normal mix (60mm concrete with fibres but is NOT gyvlon) the tiles are 600 by 600 12mm travertine. what i need to know is do i need a ditra etc with this? do i need expansion joints? and there are battens still in the concrete(used for screeding) do i need to remove this. customer thinks they're ok to stay in. cheers in advance guys (and gals) :smilewinkgrin:

S

Spud

battens need to be removed and the channels filled ,the ufh needs to be commisioned and run up to top heat then cooled before tiling , depending on the length hallway i would suggest expansion joints at all doorways and every 4m-6m with 10mm perimeter joints ,ditra is not essential if the correct amount and postioning of expansion joints are used ,the material chosen is unsuitable for this area in my opinion and I would be reluctant to fit travertine in a hallway as this is the highest traffic area of the home

M

Mike

thanks gary, i thought the ufh needed to be fully commisioned, i mentioned that to the customer as i did about the levelling battens. what expansion joints do you suggest? silicon, schluter? the travertine looks a good quality, filled/ non porous, imo looks ok to traffic. i'm not too sure about this job that's why i'm asking, i may just walk away if i'm still not 100% sure after answers. thanks again

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 65m2 of travetrtine to price. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
65m2 of travetrtine to price.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.