Discuss 7 days till kick off... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

adeylondon

Morning all,

After using the forum to do loads of research, I'm finally almost ready to get going with my project.

I've knocked a bathroom, a cupboard and some hallway together to create a 1.8 x 3.6m bathroom, which will be transformed into a wet room.

The old cast iron soil pipe is out and replaced with plastic, the heating has been re routed ready for a towel rail, and next weekend we start to board out the room with marmox boards, build stud walls for the hidden shower mixer and cupboard for the boiler.

I've got most of my supplies, including marmox boards, a shower tray former, the bath... and of course some tiles.

Can anyone recommend a place in east london where I can source my adhesive? On my last tiling job ( a cloakroom ), I used Wickes rapid set adhesive which cost me £20 a bag. I now know that I should be able to get a much better price than this from comments on the forum, but I am struggling to find somewhere that's not across london (CTD and Tile Giant).

As a DIY'er, should I be able to get a better price than this on my adhesive? On the Tile Giant website, they quote more than £20 for retail...

The tiles are 600x300 porcelain on the wall and 600x400 porcelain on the floor...

Any thoughts appreciated. I've got 6m2 of floor (double coverage under the marmox and over the marmox) and 22m2 of walls (with an extra 16m2 requiring dot and dab & screw marmox boards applied)

Will post some pics as I progress!

Cheers
Ady

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 7 days till kick off... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB