Discuss A bit of inspiration needed & a question about creating borders in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Guitardedleon

Having a bit of a problem choosing tiles for a bathroom.

We have accepted a quote from a tiler from this forum :hurray:

firstly a question about borders, in particular making them.

Can you cut a full tile down into strips to make your own borders or would the cut edge be too ugly to hide?
The other half is very keen on a split face tile feature,
we have found a split face tile that is 560x310 but is obviously one large tile rather than a sheet or border strip.

if it cant be done, then we would simply use it whole to define an area around the bath.

ill upload a picture similar to what we are going for and if anyone can make some suggestions as to what does/doesn't work that would be brill

colours we wanted to use are browns/creams/beige/stone colours.

idea.jpg

T

TJ Smiler

As Charlie says, there is no end to what you can do with a tile and a clever tiler. Just be aware that what your tiler has quoted you for the job was according to what you told him you wanted done so if you now decide you are changing the spec or wanting tiles cut to size etc then please let him no before he starts the job because it is a lot more work than you may think and he may have to charge you more.

Cheers

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A bit of inspiration needed & a question about creating borders in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi! Just looking for some thoughts regarding extending an existing tiled are if possible please...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I've just had 4m2 of white bevelled metro tiles done in my kitchen by a guy who...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB