Discuss A Bit Of Inspiration Needed To Resolve A Poor Job Please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I continue to ponder what to do as I obviously have to get it right this time, an idea ive had for a pattern is as follows

The 2 areas are similar in width so where the tiles would change direction would run nicely from corner to corner (right to left in the original picture).

Is there anything inherently wrong with this pattern?
Nothing wrong with the pattern, it's just a variation on what u have currently. So if u intend to avoid the half bond I'm afraid this doesn't solve the issue, sorry :(

C

chrisnic

Nothing wrong with the pattern, it's just a variation on what u have currently. So if u intend to avoid the half bond I'm afraid this doesn't solve the issue, sorry :(

Yeah, its more about creating a natural flow through the area as short of taking up the tiles in the whole area I dont think I can get something that ticks all the boxes.

In other area's the lips are far less significant so whilst the tiles could be bowed I think its more down to how the area was leveled and tiles laid.

O

Old Mod

Well u can easily check how flat they are by getting a rigid straight edge approx 600mm long and sit it flat on a tile across the centre on all axis and see if it rocks or by how much! So that would be lenghtways, and diagonally. If u don't posses such an edge then the edge of a spare tile would work, used on its thin edge. Obviously sight along the edge first to check if it's straight and true but generally they are, it's just the flatness that is questionable on occasion.

Reply to A Bit Of Inspiration Needed To Resolve A Poor Job Please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
A Bit Of Inspiration Needed To Resolve A Poor Job Please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond