Discuss A freebie for a friend in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Some of you may remember this wild pink bathroom I did in gulfstone quartz a couple of years back,

qu3esybe.jpg

e5ehu5ez.jpg

Well, a mate of mine who gets me a fair old bit of work, spotted the off cuts I had sat in the garage and asked if there was enough to do a 1.2x1.2m panel behind his cooker (it matched some other crazy pink stuff in the kitchen!),I cut them down to 75mm wide strips and the majority were 300mm long and there wasn't quite enough so used a bit of black as a frame and managed to create this, when the extractor goes back the majority of the slither at the top shouldn't be noticeable. I'm quite pleased with it considering it was going to be chucked eventually.

9azu3any.jpg

I

Ian

It was one of this that I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, not bad really. I should have for a pic of the rest of the room as there is pink stuff everywhere, it doesn't look as out of place as the photo suggests. FYI, as it was a bit of licence to do what I wanted, I used anhyfix to stick it as I didn't have any 2 part, it worked a treat as it is so fast setting, I'm certain there's no risk of curling.

I

Ian

curling? and nice but how smooth are the grout joints been as the tiles are cut on each side bri? thanks

The tiles had a rectified edge anyway so there's not a huge difference between the cut edge and the factory edge, 0.5mm bevel at most, not noticeable unless you get right up close. I left the grout a good 30 mins to set up so the joints are almost flush.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A freebie for a friend in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
F
Hi, DIYer here and trying to work out my best solution for tiling around a drop in tub with an...
Replies
Views
Hi.. Here is my review on the Dewalt D24000 Tile saw i got from Trade tiler. coupled with the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB