Discuss A motorist's tweet boasting about hitting a cyclist in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

They are hardly going to build a cycle lane in the middle of the road. Cycling two abreast is nearly in the middle of road anyway as you need to cycle about a metre of kerb side anyway because of drains and pot hole. I could care less if you think that is ignorant. And if someone hits me when I am cycling the only person I would blame would be the driver. And they are changing the laws up here to back that up

M

Marksmithtiling

never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends

Why do you think you can ignore the highway code???

I do use my mirrors, I f i am stationary in traffic and a cyclist takes my mirror off is that my fault ?? do they stop and offer to pay for the damage? No .There are good and bad cyclists as there are drivers,but in the main i find the bad ones .MAMIL's (middle aged men in lycra)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends

Why do you think you can ignore the highway code???

I do use my mirrors, I f i am stationary in traffic and a cyclist takes my mirror off is that my fault ?? do they stop and offer to pay for the damage? No .There are good and bad cyclists as there are drivers,but in the main i find the bad ones .MAMIL's (middle aged men in lycra)[/QUOTE]

your spot on there, they are by far the worst cyclist on the road, they all think there Bradley wiggins, but without the talent ...

D

dave l and l

As I said cycling two abreast is like being in middle of road I anyway as you need to cycle at least a metre from kerb and a metre from each other.and it is proven to be safer to rode farther out the in tight as it stops traffic nipping past. You must be really unlucky with cyclists hitting your mirrors all the time.i have never done that. If you bothered to read my earlier post I said I was not against the idea of cycle insurance

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
They are hardly going to build a cycle lane in the middle of the road. Cycling two abreast is nearly in the middle of road anyway as you need to cycle about a metre of kerb side anyway because of drains and pot hole. I could care less if you think that is ignorant. And if someone hits me when I am cycling the only person I would blame would be the driver. And they are changing the laws up here to back that up

so if a driver overtook you at a safe place and you pulled out in front of him resulting in you getting hit you would blame him?

D

dave l and l

if you are getting abuse you must be to close its pretty simple. and it doesnt matter how many abreast they are. when overtaking a cyclist give them plenty room. so specifically on country roads you should overtake them as you would another car, on the opposite side of the road, therefore overtaking them safely
the whole reason people cycle farther out on the road is to deter impatient drivers from nipping past them,,,, .go out on your bike a try it, you will then understand where cyclist are coming from

Reply to A motorist's tweet boasting about hitting a cyclist in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD CLIENT RECENTLY READ ABOUT THIS ONE . MAY MAKEYOU FEEL BETTER THEJOB FROM...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
W
Yes my little ginger head has nearly exploded today. Firstly i was having problems with the...
2 3
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB