Discuss A motorist's tweet boasting about hitting a cyclist in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

but you are braking the law, the highway code states you should ride single file on a country road, as Dave has already pointed out to you...

Don't worry Andy .. just another ignorant cyclist.. who does exactly what they like when they like..

I used to be in a cycling club as a youngster and we were told to be courteous to other road users
but today's mentality is who gives a crap and i have a right to do what i want because i can..

M

mattle40

today's mentality is who gives a crap and i have a right to do what i want because i can..

Much like 90% of motorists too then?

I'm not a cyclist but don't begrudge them riding safely.
There's a 100 times more bad drivers than there are cyclists and if they have to ride 2-3 abreast to do it then fair enough, no harder to get past than a car

Iv been held up by cyclists and been guilty of slagging them off at the time too but I've been held up a lot more by people doing 30 in a 40 or 40 in a 60
And these are a much bigger pain in the *** to get past

Let them ride their bikes in peace for gods sake, there's a lot more deserving groups of people to direct your hate at
IMO

M

Mr Tiler

maybe they should start charging for cyclists to be on the road and for insurance and mot's to be undertaken.... they don't pay a penny once they have purchased the bike itself unlike drivers who having brought the car then have to fork out so much just for the privilege of driving on the road. and if road tax is no longer for the privilege of being able to have a vehicle on the road why must it still be sorn off the road and not parked on any road. law is ridiculous nowerdays!

M

Mr Tiler

I know dave when I brought my second car it had not been sorn and was sat outside my house as I was in the process of getting the money together for the insurance tax etc... looked it up on the net and I found out with no tax you cant even park the car outside your house unless its on the driveway or in a garage etc has to be off the road or it will be taken by the d.v.l.a goons in there clampin vans. and now I find out tax isn't even for the privilege of being on the road lol what a joke this country is.

M

Marksmithtiling

I know dave when I brought my second car it had not been sorn and was sat outside my house as I was in the process of getting the money together for the insurance tax etc... looked it up on the net and I found out with no tax you cant even park the car outside your house unless its on the driveway or in a garage etc has to be off the road or it will be taken by the d.v.l.a goons in there clampin vans. and now I find out tax isn't even for the privilege of being on the road lol what a joke this country is.

If you don't know that insurance, MOT and VED (VEL/TAX DISC) must all be in place to keep a motor vehicle on the road should you even own a vehicle.Its people that have no insurance that push prices up for the rest of us

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
If you don't know that insurance, MOT and VED (VEL/TAX DISC) must all be in place to keep a motor vehicle on the road should you even own a vehicle.Its people that have no insurance that push prices up for the rest of us
Problem is when you have a car worth £500 and your a new driver the insurance could be north of 2k. It's not the car that's insured as such, it's because of the damage a new driver can cause because of inexperience/stupidity and that's what costs insurance companies money and it's always the honest law abiding person who ends up paying for it

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A motorist's tweet boasting about hitting a cyclist in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD CLIENT RECENTLY READ ABOUT THIS ONE . MAY MAKEYOU FEEL BETTER THEJOB FROM...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
W
Yes my little ginger head has nearly exploded today. Firstly i was having problems with the...
2 3
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB