Discuss A WEE bit of help needed with pricing, exact figures not Necessary :D in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve187

Re: A WEE bit of help needed with pricing, exact figures not Necessary

You need to think of a price that you are happy with for day work,add to that wear & tear on van/tools + fuel + business profit, that will give you your day rate regardless of what you are doing, for tiling you should think of a metreage price, some you will come out on top and some you will lose a little, but in my mind you should always try and earn more per day on a meterage rate than on day work.

all the best

Id get out of your head having prices for individual aspects such as prep or repair.
I've never charged a day rate. I view a job, plan the works and figure out how long it will take me to do. Then put a price on that time. Your time. If its going to take two weeks then it needs to earn you 2 weeks overheads plus some play money.

After puzzling and Quizzing of various friends/mates in other traders as well as ours. and a re-think of the whole pricing issue...
I have just completed a full bathroom installation for a family member for free. 14m2 on walls (250x330 ceramics) 3m2 floor (ceramic 360x275)
Cost roughly £105 on materials, Family member bought tiles.
Took me 4 1/2 days to complete.
If I was to price the walls at £22 m2
Price floor @ £25 m2
= 383+ £105 materials

5 days, walls & floor Inc Materials £488 (would of cost)
Sound anywhere close?

Fixing took 3 day on walls, taking time due to being a family member & not starting till 10am. (if on non family job it would of been 2 days)
floor took 1 day to lay ( starting at 11am) but still time wasn't urgent.

Materials cost is the exact cost of gear and trim I used... the £105 is without percentage mark-up

Anywhere close? to what?
Just Tiling ?
or, a full bathroom installation? as you've said

that could be the price of the year, but we know nothing apart from your basic m2 prices, which are fair.
The days taken don't matter if you've priced per m2 (for family).

maybe you gutted the room back to brick? (maybe you tiled on tile)
who knows
removed sink and WC, re-fitted WC at the end of each day, for use to the homeowner?
maybe there was 3 widows with chrome trim?
maybe no windows, maybe nice flat walls, or maybe the walls from hell - and obviously they would want brickbond
Materials might include hardie/ditra/SLC?
or materials might just be x3 tubs of B&Q adhesive.

Were you happy with the price?
the wage?
the profit?
was the customer happy?

then the answer is yes... or no.

Materials came out to be £105.. I cant give them money off what I paid.

The family member is very happy with the job, I have my grandad now wanting me to tile his 5m2 ish pantry floor

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A WEE bit of help needed with pricing, exact figures not Necessary :D in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out here; I've been reading as many threads...
Replies
Views
Hi Could do with some advice off you guys n girls on pricing a pool. I've tiled a few...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
R
Hi I'm Rob and I am currently refitting my own bathroom, I have quite a lot of experience of...
Replies
Views
Rob63
R
Hi guys, I am after some advice from the pros, so figured id ask here. in my new extension...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB