UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss abusive customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
difficult one this, as i agree with what everyone has said getting your money for the 3 days work could be a struggle, there just going to say they will pay you when its finished.

if you have worked for them before how do they pay, is it stright away, 2 weeks, 4weeks?

either way i wouldn't put up with abuse from anyone, and should a court case be on the horizon im sure any judge would look upon it that no one should work for an abusive customer.

C

charlie1

I briefly spoke to boss man last night and I conveyed my opinion that this guy had cost me time and money due to incompetence, I also explained he threatened to rip my heed off via phone convo, he agreed this was totally unacceptable and would have a word with the guy in the morning! After sleeping on it I feel more angry about this idiot, how date anyone threaten someone like this in a professional environment even if they clearly unable to back up what they are threatened but that's not the point! I'm ragin when I think about it!

C

charlie1

Update....
I spoken to the organ grinder the next day ( about a week and half ago I think) and agreed to do the job however as the time has passed I have had no call or tx from anyone re tiles arriving (they should be here by now) ! I have tx they guy I had argument with to see if tiles have arrived but all quiet!

Scenario 1: tiles have not arrived yet

Scenario 2: tiles have arrived and he has got someone else to complete job.

Some of my tools are stil on site and materials I purchased for the job, just wondering your thoughts and opinions on scenario 2 lads?

C

charlie1

Spoken to the janny, he hung up when realised it was me!
Spoken to the boss, he said he's unsure what's happening as he was not in last week (bull) but he said he would let me know when tiles arrive (still apparently happy for me to do job)! Here what I suspect....
They have someone else in doing job and prob even using my tools so going up there 1st thing tomorrow morning to investigate!

If I find they are doing job themselves with my tools and materials etc I will go mental! Now, I k.ow you can't just go in ans start smashing up tiles but as I've not yet been put off job , what if I decide to lift my tiles on the basis that I'm not happy with them? Where would I stand with that?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I think the key thing here is getting your tools back. There's a clear break down between you and the "employer?". The only thing you can be certain of is the tools belong to you. I wouldn't leave them there a minute longer.

If they've got someone else to fix the tiles and not told you you they've arrived i don't think there's a lot you can do there either. Unless you've been contracted to do it. I always do residential work so i'm finding it difficult to advise you. But when i present a quote to a customer, it's presented in writing and if accepted i give the customer two copies and ask him/her to sign one of them. As far as i'm then concerned that signature is agreement that I will do the job. I then take deposits etc to ensure i have their commitment with me.

If i had gone through this and then my customer broke that "contract" they'd recieve a bill for lose of earnings. At the very least, what i'd do in your case is go and collect my tools and then send them a bill for what i believe i'm owed. After what you've experienced with this job i think i'd write it off to experience. Send them a bill for sevices rendered. If they fail to pay go down the small claims route.

But definately, definately go and get your tools. Take some pictures of the work you've carried out so far as well if you haven't already done so.

C

charlie1

IMAG0169.jpg

Here a pic of work I've done, all these tiles I had to hack the adhesive off then reset!

Reply to abusive customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.