UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss abusive customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Ok, tiles have arrived on site, they are not the same, they are 2mm larger than the original ones! The guy in question assured me they where identical in colour and size hence why I relayed 10 m2 of the original tiles. I have used 5mm grout line with these but even at that u can't see how I can continue with this, think they will all need to come back up...can I have opinions please?

B

bugs183

The whole thing sounds like 'one of those jobs', they start off bad and just get worse.
I'd pull off site, as the materials they have supplied are not fit for purpose.
Send a bill to the boss and explain why you have left, tell him what you would need to do to resolve the problem, which is payment for work done, then payment for the total up lift of the tiles and then fixing of a new batch of the correct quantity from one batch.
Then just see what happens, my guess is that you may have to take a hit on this one matey.
In which case at least you've not given them any more time.

I would have mentioned a long time ago that its more than likely if your are ripping tiles up to clean and stick back down your batch and shade numbers wont match. This is something I always stick with and it saves having to clean tiles. I also have learned face to face works best, sack your texting, phoning etc, caller ID is a ***** and people can just hang up on you once they know its you on witheld.

Take your money and run, or take control of the situation, you are the tiler, you know how it goes, I do the same with old walls, they need skimmed or they need pulled down and reboarded with the correct material. Its so much quicker and leads to a better finish.

GOOD LUCK !

C

charlie1

I would have mentioned a long time ago that its more than likely if your are ripping tiles up to clean and stick back down your batch and shade numbers wont match. This is something I always stick with and it saves having to clean tiles. I also have learned face to face works best, sack your texting, phoning etc, caller ID is a ***** and people can just hang up on you once they know its you on witheld.

Take your money and run, or take control of the situation, you are the tiler, you know how it goes, I do the same with old walls, they need skimmed or they need pulled down and reboarded with the correct material. Its so much quicker and leads to a better finish.

GOOD LUCK !

I know what you mean about the texting as have had jobs cancelled via text!

Invoice has been sent recorded delivery so I now wait on payment

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to abusive customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.