Discuss Adhesive for fixing stained glass mosaic to BACK of glass table top in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

evansmommy

Hi, tilers! I am hoping what I want to do is not impossible. I have an outdoor table with a glass top. I would like to create a stained glass mosaic on the underside of the table (so that the surface will be completely smooth). Can you recommend an adhesive that would be:
  1. Strong enough to hold the glass against gravity
  2. Clear so that it will allow the mosaic to show through
  3. Freeze resistant (since it will be outdoors...but, being on the backside, it at least won't have to stand up to frozen water)

Thank you so much for any input.

Re: Adhesive for fixing stained glass mosaic to BACK of glass table to

I think one of the problems is that you can't put spots of say superglue on there as it will most probably show and also, unless you were very careful, you'd end up with gaps for moisture infiltration. Another option would be to use a continuous later of a clear construction adhesive (such as CT1) but I'm not sure how that would look. Or........ have the table upside down, lay the stained glass on the underside of the base and attach a sheet of perspex, the same dimensions as the top, to hold them in place and seal the edges.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive for fixing stained glass mosaic to BACK of glass table top in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just had a new bath fitted. Took out the old one and had to remove one course of tiles...
Replies
Views
G
hi all, I've got a glass and metal mosaic border, it's fitted with white powder adhesive (...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G
S
Hello, Never attempted a mosaic before, so thought I'd seek some advice. Only having used mosaic...
Replies
Views
seneca
S
J
Hi folks! Got a couple of quick questions about sealing mosaic tiles. We've ordered some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB