UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Adhesive Manufacturers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd stay clear from Palace myself. The GranFIX gear isn't the best but they do a trade-only version called Granspec which is good. When they first came out I used the Granspec SLC and it was like trowelling out a rock, a couple of conversations later and they had changed the mix to fit with older BAL versions of their Multibase. I would imagine by now they have had feedback for all products and it will be A1.

Larsen isn't much cop either ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
thumper said:
Ive been using Palace for almost a year now and haven't been let down yet, why do you steer clear admin ?

I've only actually used it twice (adhesive not grout though), both times I found it more difficult to trowel and the 'grab' was poor compared to what I see as a much more professional brand.... BAL. BAL White Star (in my opinion) is yet to be rivalled by another adhesive. But the price is high to be fair though.

S

Smiths

Admin said:
I've only actually used it twice (adhesive not grout though), both times I found it more difficult to trowel and the 'grab' was poor compared to what I see as a much more professional brand.... BAL. BAL White Star (in my opinion) is yet to be rivalled by another adhesive. But the price is high to be fair though.
Nothing beats Mapei tub gear for spreadability and grab. Bal tub gear sucks big time.

M

Matty A

Is there any tile adhesives (wall or floor) that are cheaper than BAL and just as good i see Mapei mentioned a lot and Granspec i suppose im a little worried about trying different products other than Bal i really like working with Bal stuff but thats all im using and it aint cheap.
The reason im asking is i went to measure a job and it is 21.5m2 which would require 5 20kg bags im thinking of using BAL single part flex as it is a concrete floor in total with my 25% discount its gonna cost 111.63 inc vat just for adh' and the guy that has quoted before me has told that it will be £55 for adhesive and he has quoted for 39m2 :confused: do you think he has some left over or is he using somthing like wickes or b&q sh*t he has been tiling for years and i think i might lose the job because of this.

Any advice on cheaper places to buy from or just cheaper products (good ones) would be very helpful.
or am i best sticking (no pun intended) to Bal as it comes highley recomended. :)

S

Smiths

Matty A said:
Is there any tile adhesives (wall or floor) that are cheaper than BAL and just as good i see Mapei mentioned a lot and Granspec i suppose im a little worried about trying different products other than Bal i really like working with Bal stuff but thats all im using and it aint cheap.
The reason im asking is i went to measure a job and it is 21.5m2 which would require 5 20kg bags im thinking of using BAL single part flex as it is a concrete floor in total with my 25% discount its gonna cost 111.63 inc vat just for adh' and the guy that has quoted before me has told that it will be £55 for adhesive and he has quoted for 39m2 :confused: do you think he has some left over or is he using somthing like wickes or b&q sh*t he has been tiling for years and i think i might lose the job because of this.

Any advice on cheaper places to buy from or just cheaper products (good ones) would be very helpful.
or am i best sticking (no pun intended) to Bal as it comes highley recomended. :)
Bal Single Part Flex IS good, I get it for about £20/bag in white. Granfix 1 part flex white is also very good and I can get that for much cheaper. You would need to set up an account with Granfix and spend a minimum of £200 before you get their good prices. That's a lot of gear to stock. What part of the country are you from, I stock quite a lot of Granfix and sell it far cheaper than Bal gear.

P

Paul M

Thanks, will just stick to what i know as you suggest, is there any other you can suggest as my supplier (who employ 60 tilers) has told me he is stopping outside companys buying his gear, so I am on the look out for decent adhesive, i will still be able to get mapei but its a bit of a trek to the next nearest supplier, on my door step i can near enough get my hands on just about any other brands you could suggest. Thanks for any help

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive Manufacturers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi all what adhesive would you recommend for dot and dabbing foam cored backer board onto...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Some adhesives give info (not seemingly Mapei). I think the Mapei Standard Set Plus would suit...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.