UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Adhesive Question - How many bags will I need? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aspesim

Hi Guys

I’m laying floor tiles in an upstairs bathroom. The floor has been strengthened with additional noggins, then 18mm WBP ply on top overlaid with 6mm Hardie Backer Boards and finally warm up under-floor heating. The room is 2.0 x 2.1m

Questions:
My first thoughts were to use BAL Wall and floor professional addy from Topps Tiles (£24) 20kg
However BAL recommends Single Part Fastflex (£50 approx) 12kg bag? Due to the size of the tiles I’ll need to back-butter them and use a solid bed tipped trowel. Does anyone know how much coverage I’ll get from a 12kg bag? The cost of addy seems to be spiralling out of control... :thumbsdown:

Any advise on using a different addy maybe?

Regards
Aspesim

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
There's a CTD (ceramic tile distributors) in Farnham which is not too far from you.
Buy a 25kg bag of Webers SLC and encapsulate the UFH with it and grab a 20kg bag of Weber rapid/flexible adhesive and it will be half the price topps want to charge for 12kg of adhesive. Will be a better job too as tiling straight onto UFH wires is not best practice.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive Question - How many bags will I need? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.