Discuss Adhesive thickness - help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Hi guys

I need to calculate how deep in the wall to mount the angled fitting to fit a shower head (concealed shower)

I know that the fittings female 1/2 outlet that the shower head screws in to needs to be flush with the finished tiled wall

my question is...

I will be putting up 12.5mm marmox boards and laying 9mm ceramic tiles (330x500) so thats 21.5mm thickness so far

what sized notched trowel should I be using for putting these tiles on to the marmox walls.. and how thick will it be once tiles are pressed on?

that way I can add the adhesive thickness to 21.5 giving me the distance I need to mount the fitting proud of the studwork

thanks guys!

Dave

D

davemul

to add from research, I would assume as it will be a wet room.. i should be using a trowel like this..

Thin Bed Solid Bed Trowel
Edge profile = 10mm tapering notches, 5mm deep, at 12.5mm centres
Coverage = approx. 100% at 2-3mm depth.
Use for = Solid-bed fixing on all flat wall surfaces incl. interior wet areas and hygiene critical areas.
Tiles = most ceramics/marble/natural WALL tiles.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive thickness - help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Adhesive thickness - help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.