Discuss Ads, Privacy options and forced participation? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ads, Privacy options and forced participation? Discussion ThreadAds, Privacy options and forced participation? Electrical Advice

I haven't posted here for a while due to the constant bombardment of ads but still look in occasionally and it just seems to be getting worse. The pages I see are a page full of ads with a little bit of content instead of the other way around

ads.PNG

Has admin tried to use the site as a non-subscriber member / guest?

Also this is my privacy option for private messaging...

Privacy.PNG

And yet my inbox is full of messages like this...

Convo.PNG

I get that admin can override members privacy settings, but surely that should only be used for emergency updates, and not to try to force members to participate in threads so you can earn £££ being an Amazon associate??? or to ask if I have ever worked in a tile shop!

Ads have made this site pretty much unusable with 5/6+ ads in different positions and sponsors and popups all on a single page, which are very intrusive along with the full page ad blocker detection, and now ads and sponsors are not enough, you are ignoring members privacy settings to make £££???

Ads, Privacy options and forced participation? for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Ads, Privacy options and forced participation? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tilers Forums .co.uk Forum Rules - Last Updated 08/12/08 Note from Dan & Dave: We aim to make...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Ads, Privacy options and forced participation? Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond