Discuss Advice needed please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bolter

Hi Guys, just started another job today using 250 X 330 ceramic tiles....i went right ahead and used a 10mm trowel and wow what an improvement! All tiles sitting flush with each other and NO LIPPING!! Hallalujah! ha ha! Still used the Ultragrip tubbed adhesive from N & C as i had some leftover from previous job. But very tempted to try the Mapei now everyone is recommending that. Thanks again for all your tips and advice.....tiling is much more easier and enjoyable now!

That is too big a notch for tubbed adhesive mate. May take weeks to dry, if at all.

R

Rich

thanks Rich, im actually off to Tile Giant in Basildon this afternoon, to see whats on offer in the Mapei range! Any recommendations?

Depends entirely on what tiles you are going to be using, what substrate you are going to be tiling onto and what kind of pot life you want. I generally use a single part flexi addy like Keraquick for most jobs, have a look at their proflex as well, good gear.

Have a read through the link below for more info :thumbsup:

Mapei: Mapei powdered adhesives info.

T

Thatch

Ok so the job i'm doing at the moment is just regular ceramic tiles in a bathroom.....but on the bath tap end wall the customer wants a single vertical row of quartz tiles which are slightly deeper in thickness than the ceramic so need to make sure they are flush with each ohter. I need a latex based adhesive for this as far as i'm aware. I got some booklets/brochures from Tile Giant today and the guys in there were really helpful. So will swat up and decide where i go from here.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice needed please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advice needed please!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.