UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss advice needed : SLC kitchen floor with new kitchen just fitted in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

I'm sorry Ceramico but you are just making life really really hard for yourself, for two reasons.
1.SLC's are designed to float around and give 100% coverage, and the really good stuff will flatten itself out to 50mm.
To do this will take miles less time and certainly way less effort and swearing. Money wise maybe the same.
The SLC will be working to the manufacturers spec and so will the adhesives that go on top.
2. If a floor is out from end end to the other then that can create a world of trouble with doors, steps and stairs etc.
Some floors are flat, yet not level, i use a cd case or a credit card to show customers, they are flat, but hold them at an angle and it is still flat, yet not level.

Honestly mate, i understand your point on knowing that the tiles are bedded correctly, but try some 'Mapei Renovation Screed', a gauge rake and a spiked roller, with some old trainers screwed into spike footbeds. You'll never look back.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
oh dear no need for any worry if you get the client to ring up the suppler of the washing machine dish washer and ask for a hight reduction kit this is a flat pannel that takes the place of the origainl top about £50 to £80 have done this a few times its lower by 20 to 30 mm

And then send a bill to your kitchen fitters.

A good kitchen fitter will take into account levels, floor, appliances, floor coverings etc.If you get to the end of you install and wheel the washing machine in to find it won't go under your worktop, well i guarantee it will be the one and only time you don't consider your top height .

I've fitted a few hundred kitchens in my time and can honestly say i have never continued fitting once realising the floor runs out 30mm+

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice needed : SLC kitchen floor with new kitchen just fitted in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.