Discuss Advice Needed? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

Is this the adhesive Ray? So I would prime then use tilemasters ultimate to stick the ditra to the quarry tiles and then again to stick the porcelain tiles to the Ditra? Thanks for the help lads really appreciate your advice. I wont go near the quarry tiles best left alone as I never knew they used asbestos.
yes tilemaster is the firm they have several addys buy there ultimate is by far the best

W

White Room

if the tiles have been down since the house was built then taking them up could open a can of worms and cost u a lot of money lay a decoupling membrain over the tiles ditra is the best but others are available make sure the membrin is water proof as some times these tiles are the dpm. as dave said the membrain eleviates any lateral stresses from the floor benieth but I wouldn't worry about expansion as theres no ufh to stick the membrain to the floor I would use a c2 addy such as tilemasters ultimate I would also recommend it for adhearing the tiles to the membrain prime first with tile masters primer. iwould also do the same for the bathroom floor same addys prime 1st good luck

Thought the Ultimate was an S2...

J

Just Rizzle

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice Needed? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
DIY Tiling; Advice for DIY Tilers So long story short, I have just purchased my first house and...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB